<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Ssh Quiet Please! 

This is a record. I have been having at least one nasty parent everyday of the week including today. I'm sick and tired of parents who just can't understand rules and procedures. They are just bent on making my day at work hell. I want to bring a gun to work and shoot them down....but this is Singapore and I can't do that. So I'll smile and answer like a 'stupid civil servant' (a comment from a certain parent) while they rant away. Why can't they just accept our explanation and get satisfied? Why do they always think that talking to someone superior will solve everything? I know my job very very well. When I say no, it means no. If I could consider,I would but what can I do if your situation is not even considerable? Sian ah sian.......

What the heck la? Just have to tahan till end of August.......

Today I went to the new Jurong East library. I know I know, it has been opened a long time ago and I just the chance to go today.A bit slow rite.....what to do....

The Jurong East library is very special to me. I used to stay in Jurong West and so this was the library I always go to. One of my uncles, Appu used to live with us. He moved out when he got his own place a short while before we moved to CCK. He used to bring me to the library during the weekends when he was at home. He likes to know about other countries and their culture and also stuff that would be shown on Discovery Channel. There was no cable then. So he would go to the library and borrow tapes on certain stuff and watch them at the library while I run off to the Children's Section. It was on the first floor and the second floor was the adults section.

He would be sitting on a sofa in front of the TV near the counter and will be watching a programme with super big headphones. I would be runnning up to see him coz I always got bored in the Children's Section.Then he would the ultra big headphones on me and I'll be so amazed by the voice that is booming over. Then he'll shoo me away and I'll be running down the stairs back to the Children's Section with an auntie librarian staring at me. Then once he's done and I'm finishing with getting a story book with pictures, we head to a coffeeshop to eat and then leave for home.

When I was in secondary school, Vanitha, Habibah and I always made it a point to go to the library every Friday after school. We would spend our afternoon there, reading books, doing our homework, chit-chatting and checking reference books on pregnancy and illness thanks to Habibah's keen interest in nursing.

Nowadays we can just walk into the library even when you are carrying a luggage bag but then u had to put your bags into the lockers at near the entrance. I still remember the auntie librarian chasing us to put our bags into lockers. And We trying to squeeze all our bags into one so that we need to waste money.

I really miss the super quiet library where you can hear a pin drop. I also miss the librarian who goes, "Ssh, qieut please!".Now the moment u step into a library, u hear wailing babies and screaming toddlers and you can see kids running around. It is still quiet but only at times....

I really miss the old library but the change is for the better.

I borrowed 'Mad About The Girls' by Francesca Clementis.Its about Lorna who has a happy relationship with Robert who is separated from his wife. His 4 girls share a fantastic bond with Lorna and one day, Robert's wife returns, asking for his forgiveness and reconcilation .....what's gonna happen......

[Top]

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com