<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 16, 2005

Is Being Fat Ugly? 

Recently, the TAF programmes being conducted at schools have been one of those hot topics in the papers. Today there was this article that a girl who was the only one in the class to be part of the TAF club, lost weight by vomitting out whatever she ate. She did this basically because she was ashamed to be part of the TAF club and she felt like an outcase. After reading that, I was flipping the pages and I saw this slimming ad with a slim Irene Ang's picture on it. She is PCK's wife in case you are wondering who she is.

So is being thin really beautiful? Are fat or plus-sized girls ugly then?

There are many plus-sized girls who think that being slim is beauty and they always try means and ways to slim down and look like those models. Some resort to dangerous ways to lose those fats which they can't get rid of by dieting for eg. vomitting and intense gyming. To all my friends out there who think like that, please don't. Remember you are pretty the way you are. Being big is not wrong and you are not considered as an outcast.

Diana Ser once did an episode on this in 'Get Real' and in the end, it was mentioned that our society doesn't shun overweight people. Its just overweight people think it that way. But then, do you think our celebrities posing for these slimming ads is an influence? I remember that Olivia (from Singapore Idol) also did go for slimming. If you ask me honestly, i think she looked better before that. I liked Irene Ang the way she was.

Let's look on the Indian movie side. Don't you think Jothika looks terrible after slimming? I think she looked better when she was more rounder. Now she looks old. Sometimes looking slim doesn't make you look better.

I'll let you on a secret. I used to be in the TAF club when I was 16. Then when I was on ITE during one of the June holidays, i only ate snacks and lost 4 kg in a month. Since then, I have not been able to put on weight. And now its even worse. I'm all bones. My clothes look big on me. I hate to wear tight-fitting clothes coz it makes me look skinny. I'm in a terrible dilemma. I'm even thinking of seeking medical help for this. I can't go one like.Whenever I visit a doctor, they ask me if I'm aneroxic.Its stressful, I tell you...

Its important to like yrself. Be confident of who you are. Never let your weight control your life.

Blastin thru the speakas: Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani

[Top]

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com