<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Would you attend your ex's wedding if invited? 

Senario 1:

You are at a shopping centre. You are looking at something when someone taps you on your shoulder. You turn around and who do u see? Your ex! He/She smiles and asks "Hi, How are you?" You force out a smile and say,"I'm ok."

"Its been a long time since we met right. Hope everything is fine. Anyway its good that I met you. Can you give me your number? I'm getting married next month. I'll send you the invitation." is what you hear next. You don't know whether to be glad or be sad but you exchange numbers anyway and bid goodbye.

Senario 2:

"Ring" You hear your handphone ringing. You pick it up and an unfamiliar number flashes. You answer cautiously. "Hello.." Its a familiar voice but whose could it be. "Hi, Its me,_____." What the f**k?? Its your ex on the line. You are like, What the hell does he/she want!! and are about to hang up when..."I got your number from _____. I want to invite you to my wedding. Can you give me your address?" You remain quiet for a while but give your address anyway. He/She thanks you and hangs up.

Would you attend his/her wedding?

This topic appeared in a column in Monday's edition of the Straits Times and I tot its a good topic to ponder about. I thought of those senarios. And..No, these didn't happen to me.

In the Straits Times poll:

-65% said: Yes,Why not? We may no longer be a couple but we can still be friends. I'm a gracious person.

-35% said: No, No way, Jose. Just in case he/she takes the opportunity to spite me or gloat about him/her getting to the finish line first.

If you ask me, I would say, of course, NO! Not for the reason that my ex might spite me. Its just that I won't be comfortable. What if mutual friends give me that pathetic look or compare me with the bride in the wrong way? Even though I'm attached, I would really feel very uncomfortable.

Any comments???

Blasting thru the speakas: Tempted to Touch by Rupee

[Top]

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com