<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Ms Cleopatra 2004 Finals 

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!I'm on course today. This is now my lunch time. Came back to fax some urgent stuff..

Yesterday was the Finals of the Ms Cleopatra pageant at Raagawood!! Before i announce the results, i'll just fill in the details.

After work, went back, took a bath and rushed to Tekka. All of us did our make-up and hair-do at Indigo Palace, same place where i did my make-up for the photo shoot. It was good. Then the club sent a van to pick us up and we reached the club at abt 8.30pm.

My mum and her two colleagues,my cousin Balan and Kumaran, Aminah, her boyfriend Abdullah, her friends Jarry and Rajan whom i know came down also to support me.

My first segment was a dance, with Ricky. He's a dance choreographer, a bit sissy la..hehe!

Then we had the saree segment. You know the shitty thing was that we had no make-up artist to help us to touch up and dress up. We had to do everything ourselves. Then the hair-do was a simple bun and we were given pins and clips to decorate it. I should say i was a bit creative yesterday. My arrangment with the clips was good. Hehehehe!!

I looked good in my saree. Was very nervous but then i tried to smile as much as i could. My mouth was aching from all that smiling.

Then the evening gown segment. I wore a silver gown. In this round, was my Question & Answer round. I was damn blady tensed on what my question might be..

This was my question:Career or Motherhood: What would you choose?

My answer:Honestly, i would choose Motherhood as i think that it completes a woman's life. Its a gift to be able to deliver a child and nurture to become someone in the society. Career is just about money and going up the corporate ladder. It doesn't give you a purpose in life. Motherhood gives you joy and satisfaction.

Wow, i tell you, i don't know where that came from but....everyone i met after that, told me that i had given the best ans. Even one of the judges mouthed 'Very good' to me!!!I was thrilled!

After that we had an half-hour break. Even around to mingle with my friends and family for a while.

Then came the moment of truth-all 10 of us were very tensed!! I was shaky!!

When the MC started calling out the names, i was very surprised everytime, my name was not called out. When there was only 3 of us left, i was extremely thrilled. I never thought that i would be in the top 3 and......i'm the 2nd Runner-Up (3rd position)!!!!!!!!!

I was like....AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Never did i expect that!

These are my prizes:A trophy, a ticket to Jakarta, $500 cash, a sash, and a bouquet of flowers.......

Hehehehe! I'm extremely happy!! Never did i ever think that i would get it.

Anyway Navitha was the 1st Runner-Up(2nd place) and Serene was the Winner. She deserves it.

Came back and slept at 4.30am. Woke up at 8, just in time to bath and leave for the course.

Ok, i gotta go!

I'm happy!I'm happy!I'm happy!I'm happy! :)


Me during the saree round! Posted by Hello


After the results, with the trophy! Posted by Hello


Me, Serene & Navitha... Posted by Hello

[Top]

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com