<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Priya....(the young generation nowadays!) 

Hi, its a Wednesday! Anyway tomorrow is my half-day....hahahahaha! So happy!

Now i'm having lunch-bought mee hoon & fried egg-i'm eating too much egg nowadays! Too much cholestrol, must cut down.

So far, the day is ok. Hopefully the rest of the day should be fine too.

There is this cousin of mine, Priya. She's 13 and studying in Sembawang Secondary (i think) and recently i found somethings about her that are hard to digest. She's a nice gal as far as i know and i'm surprised at the way she's changed due to peer pressure.

Her father was a drug addict but now he's changed and working 24 hours and harrdly comes home. Her mum is also working trying to run the household. And this gal is alone at home. She started roaming around after school. Lieing and coming back late, hanging out with guys, i mean she has too many guys friends for a 13-yr-old gal. Her family found out and now she is staying at my cousin sister, Letchumi's house. She has been telling me so many things about her that makes my head spin.....

My sis had sent me some e-mail about her. I deleted the earlier ones but then i decided to keep the future ones...

E-mail sent on 8/7:
Actually on Tuesday, during lunch time I went to Priya's school to find out how she is in her studies.. I met up with the principal and the form teacher as well some language teachers....very shocking to find out that she is like a rowdy in school with her friends la.... The form teacher who is also the literature teacher told me that she kinda feels distracted in her studies and she suspects Priya might have a bf....
Then she told me she used to hang in the hp only.....but this one week,she is good so far. Then the principal told me that she is actually a good dirl but the fact that she mixes with the other Preya and some other friends is leading her into a wrong path. They even told me that Priya is seen wandering in some places and have been warned at school level.....the tamil sir told me that she used to come to Tamil class with stomach ache, or head ache....and always say that she is hungry and this and that....but this one week, he told me he sees an improvement in her attitude. He told me that from early this year, he has been telling her that she must behave well as she is the talk of the school.....(would u have thought of Priya in this situation....well I never did....was kinda disappointment) :(

After that, we met up with the NPCC teacher-in-charge and told him that I wanted Priya to quit for the time being. He told me that she might lose out points in the CCA and he asked me why I was against it...So I told him that she has been giving problems and not coming back on time (this used to be before June holidays la).... So the teacher assured me that he will give me the programme details and that the NPCC is usually on Saturdays 8-12 and that they should be back....so since he is assuring me, I told him fine she will stay on with NPCC..... She was crying....but I never scolded her or beat her but she just cry cos she was guilty...she would not have expected me to come to school rite....And then everyday I plait her hair for her and when I went to school on tat day, she took out the plait and put a pony tail...her hair is too long rite so it make sher so messy....She even told me a lie that the NPCC teacher-in-charge scolded her but infact he seems so nice and told me that Priya has confirmed her interest in NPCC and that she does not want to quit but to me she told me a diff story....tat she did tell him but he was rude to her and scolded her....(a bag of lies u c)....feel like slapping her but I was calm.... If I were bad, I would have told this matter to him.

Then I rushed back to office cos I was on course....It was until 5 p.m.and I had no time even for lunch....never even drink also....When I went back home, I asked her to take her bath and pray and told her these things are not worth doing...it seems she almost fought in school with the upper secondary students....dont know what the problem was.....I really advised her and she seems ok for now....hope she does not change...Actually she will be ok but whenever she goes home and comes back, her lifestyle will change. She used to own a hp but now I confiscated and gave it to athai to use for the time being and there was a msg saying that.....hi darling, long time no c....how are you?? Shall we meet up and got a lot to talk abt dear.....(??????) he told his name is Stephen.... U c la....so do u think it's wise to give her the hp???I was really pissed off when I saw the sms also so I told athai not to give her the phone...that poor guy also don't know that she is being closely monitored...anyway all the teachers felt that she needs close monitoring which is wat I am doing.

Whenever I say study, she takes out a book which looks like a storybook and just reads it.....and I scolded her that day. I told her that there are many other books to take notes and do some revision...these kinda reading should be done after she does her studies...

Another e-mail sent on 13/7:
Hmm....Priya is really stubborn. Last Friday she went home and cut her fringe herself without Saroja athai knowing.... And she still talks to her friends.. Now tell me how can I monitor closely if she does not want to cooperate with me??Actually I am sick and tired of advising her. It looks like I am going to die young of heart attack la...Well she came to my mother's house on Sunday cos I was attending my Chinese friend's wedding with Senthilan. So after the wedding I fetched her to my house. The next day, she bathed hair becos she was having hermenses....And then when I started combing her hair, I found that she has cut her hair. I asked her whether she cut her hair and she told me NO....and at that time Senthilan had also woke up cos he was sending her to school. I was telling him that Priya thinks that I am stupid and that I don't know whats happening. And again I told her to stop lying and that she is fond of telling lies. When I asked her again, she told me yes she cut her hair on her own. Look at her. In the morning itself at ard 5 a.m. her mother called me and said that Priya has written a letter saying that my house is like a jail to her and that she feels like committing suicide. She don't like to come to my house and this and that... I was really very upset and did not know what to do. So I did not want to make a hoo ha out of it.She left the house with Senthilan for school.

I went to bathe and dress up for work and Senthilan called me to meet up for breakfast and I said ok. I met him at McDonalds and we had breakfast and I asked him whether she told anything to him and he told me tat she asked why I am showing her face in the morning and that last week I was ok with her. So Senthilan told her that she might have done something that must have really pissed me off and to think of what she had doneand she asked him whether she saw anything.....

Senthilan told her not to ask him questions and to think if she had written anything. Then it seems she just kept quiet and Senthilan saw her friends waiting for her at the MRT station and when they saw him, they fled....we discussed that we will send her back if she does not like it....u c no point in having a person ard when he/she is not happy. And yesterday she had computer lessons and I called up the form teacher to check if it was true cos she has been telling me lies until I really don't believe her if she is telling me the truth. The teacher confirmed with me and told me today also got computer lessons. So I thanked her.After the computer class, she went to Raman mama's house. I went there after work and coached Nandhini. After the tuition I ate my dinner and waited for Anna to come. Then we met again at the Bt Panjang McDonalds and she asked for a drink. I never talked to her at all. She must have thought something is wrong but she kept quiet. Then I started off like hat....Priya I want a frank answer not don't now, just 4 fun and all those crap. She started crying and I told her not to shed crocodile tears....enuf of all these drama. I used to sympathize with her but now I don't.

I asked her what is on her mind and why is she doing like that. She is torturing me as well. I told her my lifestyle has changed since she stepped into my house and have I ever complained that she is a burden. I have to wake up early and make breakfast for her and was her undies and bra, uniform and iron them as well....cook for her everyday. All becos of her and why is she like that?? I asked her to tell if she is not happy to stay here, she might as well go home. I will never bother her to study since she doesn't like it. She makes up to school. Very short skirt aiyo all these I have to tell you in person da....

Then it was almost going to be 12 so we went back home and asked her to sit down and talk. That is when she told abt the friends...it seems they used to roam ard after school. They will go to Yishun interchange where there will be a lot of indian guys and befriend them and the other two will ask Priya to follow and she will do what they say. So I asked her why she must do this and she told me that they are her forever frens...And I asked her if her friend were to ask her to eat shit, will she eat? She told me NO but I said u have to eat cos ur FREN told she told me no she don't like....and then I told her why? Cos u know u cannot eat shit so there are certaint hings tat you know should not be done and you know your frens are too much in certain things and why do u have to follow them? And it seems they befriended a guy from Bradell-westlake Sec and tat idiot also brought her to a multi-storey carpark...wonder what else he did but she told me he used to tickle her hips...disgusting...i told her that since she gave in to him, he has been doing this..

My sister really took the time to type these e-mails and i feel like an ass deleting them.

I'm really scared of the generations nowadays. There are growing very fast and doing things that they shouldn't do at this age. Are the parents to be blamed for giving them too much freedom? Or is it due to peer pressure?My cousin Priya is not the only one, another example is my younger bro and there are also many other teens who are facing these issues. Many things are so hard to digest now days. Teenage pregnancy is on the rise and so is abortion. I read from the papers once that there was this 11-yr-old kid who had an abortion!!!! So young have sex!!! Oh god!!!

No comments..........

Recently i have been fighting everyday with Kumar since Sunday. I wonder what's going on. I guess i keep making him get on his nerves without realising it.... I hope that today both of us won't fight. I really pray hard!!

[Top]

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com